Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 27, 2013 day 2 of year 19

I decided to keep the dress theme rolling today with this black shirt dress from J. Crew.  This dress has a great story and great lesson.  This spring my girlfriend Julie and I hit up a neighborhood yard sale.  We found a lot of great buys including this dress.  Except the dress was missing a button on the bottom so the woman gave it to me for free!  The buttons are unique and I thought that I would have a hard time finding a replacement.  But when I looked at the dress closely, I realized that there were buttons all over this dress that could be moved around without anyone noticing.  I took the two off the breast pockets and used one to replace the lost one on the bottom.  The second one I saved for a back up.  In about 5 minutes, I had myself a dress that was in perfect condition!  
The gold belt is from the Ralph Lauren outlet.  It was around $10 and it goes with everything!  A lesson I learned several years ago was to immediately replace any belt that comes with your dress with a different one.  The dress came with a black belt made of the same fabric as the dress.  It doesn't add anything to the dress so I use the gold one instead.  
The shoes are Aigner.  I got them at Macy's several years ago; on sale, and yes they go with almost everything!  Are you starting to see the pattern?
Feeling great and looking great made day 2 a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment