Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 26, 2013 First day of year 19!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Today is the first day of my 19th year of teaching!  This calls for something special and to me that means Diane Von Furstenberg!  This August I went to NYC with my sister-in-law Becky http://www.bisforbecky.com and we headed to the DVF store in SOHO.  I fell in love with this black/pink/white graphic wrap dress and knew it was perfect for the first day.
While I was in the dressing room I learned three important lessons.  One, a bandeau bra is a great way to get a little more coverage without the bulk of a camisole top.  For school, I need that little bit of extra coverage.  Two, there is a specific way to tie the DVF wrap dress that makes it stay in place all day long.  And three, the rule for tying is always a knot, never a bow!  The employees told me that Diane herself told them this rule.  Who am I to go against Diane herself?
The shoes are from Talbots.  I scored them at their outlet for a fraction of the original price.  I wear them with everything and to anywhere, including my cousin's wedding in Philadelphia in January!  The orange bag is from Lands End.  It's the bag that leaves the house with me everyday.  It's large enough for my purse, lunch bag, work folders, pencil bag and umbrella.  There's also a strap for your keys so I never have to search through the bag for them.  And of course, it's monogramed!  
With an outfit like this, I knew I'd have a great first day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment