Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Friday, September 6 day 8 of year 19

Cropped pants and a tunic?  It must be Friday!  This top is Jones New York and the pants are from Express.  I found this top digging through a wooden crate of clothes at DeBois Textiles www.deboistextiles.com in Baltimore.  This store is a combination of 4 stores.  It has a high-end vintage store, a fabric remnant store, a vintage store and a dig-in-a-wooden-crate-for-what-you-want store.  I'm not kidding, each crate has a sign such as "women's tops" and the crate is full of tops.  You just lean over the side and dig until your heart's content.  This tunic was buried in one of those crates with the tags still on it.  $4?  Oh yeah!
Because the top has a deep V neck I wear a bandeau bra with it.  Call me crazy, but working in an elementary school requires me to get creative sometimes.  I could wear a camisole top instead but I didn't want the bulk of another layer.  The bandeau covers just enough without the bulk.  
The sleeves have the same V cut and black trim as the neck.  The bottom also has the same black trim.  This gives the graphic fabric a defined edge which I think makes it look classy.  The shoes are from the Clarks outlet and I've had them for at least five years.  They have a small kitten heel and are super comfortable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment