Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 day 19 of year 19

Anchors away!
Today's outfit combines red, blue and brown.  The pants are from Lands End.  They are similar to the brown and grey khakis that I've shared here before but they are longer and have a wider opening on the leg.  The anchor shirt I wore on day 3.  It looks different when paired with the red pants and brown jacket.  Over the years I've learned that to get the most from your clothes you need to mix and match.  I don't always have to wear the shirt with white pants.  Navy goes with tons of other colors and styles.  
The jacket is a nice alternative to a cardigan.  The AC is still blasting in my library even though it's cooling off outside which means I need another layer at work to keep from freezing.  This jacket is from Talbots.  I found it at their outlet.  The sleeves are longer but I chose to fold them so that the shirt sleeves peaked out.  There is a hook closure and two small pockets.  I know you'll see the jacket on the blog again as the year goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment