Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 day 20 of year 19

This fabulous wrap dress is from Lands End.  It is made from matte jersey and has a nice weight.  The top has a more modest cut than my DVF wrap dresses so I don't need to wear a bandeau bra.  I chose to wear my anchor scarf with the dress for a couple reasons.  One, it matches perfectly and two, it keeps the AC chill off my neck and back.  This is the same anchor scarf from day 5.

When I was in middle and high school I was a member of our local 4-H sewing club.  We chose patterns, created the outfits and had them judged.  During one of my first years, one of the club leaders told me that red was my best color.  It was never a favorite color of mine but I've learned that it can be a flattering color for me.  This past spring pastels were very trendy.  I look horrible in pastels.  I saw them in magazines and in the stores but I knew they weren't for me.  I've learned that it's ok to let a trend go by when you know it's not a flattering trend for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment