Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thursday, October 3, 2013 day 25 of year 19

Today I'm wearing the first skirt that I ever bought at the Talbots outlet in Cockeysville.  Yes, it has a drop waist, side zipper, hook and eye closure and is lined!  Are you seeing a pattern?  I've learned what  I feel good in and what's flattering and I stick with it.  My favorite detail of this skirt is the wider than usual waist band.  It's like having a built in tummy tuck.  Because it's high waisted it doesn't create a muffin top while holding your stomach in.  

Originally I bought a very plain 100% cotton blue t-shirt to go with the skirt.  But after one season it was stretched out and the color had faded.  Since then I usually wear the skirt with a white button-down.  Today's white shirt is from J. Crew.  The shirt has a long hem that helps it stay tucked in all day.  I rolled the sleeves to add some style and match the season of the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment