Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 day 28 of year 19

Rain and a need to be practical

Today's forecast called for rain in the morning with clearing in the afternoon.  This was good news for my family because my son Peter was competing in his first 1 mile cross country race after school.  This also meant that I needed to leave my school asap to get to his school so that I didn't miss the race.  It also meant that whatever I was wearing to school that day had to work for me getting across a field to watch him run.  Classy and practical was the goal.

I chose my favorite Lands End http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-fit-2-straight-leg-chino-pants/id_227762 khakis and paired them with a pink and white shirt from H&M.  The shirt is a thin material so I added the grey sweater.  The sweater is from Century 21 http://www.c21stores.com in NYC.

This classy outfit turned out to be a good choice for my challenging day at work and for my Mom duties after work.  Peter did a great job and finished the race in 7:40.  


No comments:

Post a Comment