Sunday, October 13, 2013

Monday, September 30, 2013 day 22 of year 19

The next two weeks of photographs were taken by my good friend Ginger Cain.  She is a middle school Art teacher and is fabulous.  Thanks Ginger for helping out with these posts!

This is my royal blue shirt dress from Liz Claiborne.  I'm sure some of you have never heard of Liz Claiborne before.  Her company started with a triangle logo purse which evolved to perfume which evolved to clothes.  JC Penny still carries her line and you can often find her stores at outlet centers.  This dress was purchased for Easter Sunday in 2001.  It came with a skinny black belt and was about mid-calf length.  I also wore the dress to my brother Jonathan's high school graduation that year.  After about 3 seasons I stopped wearing it and moved it to the back of my closet.  I found it about 4 years later and decided to give it a try.  The long shirt dress had become a no-no so I had my mother-in-law hem it to be knee length.  I also ditched the black belt.  On this day I wore it with the gold belt that you've seen before on my blog.
The scarf is from Ralph Lauren.  I've had it a long time too and can't remember where I got it.  Shortening the length of this dress has allowed me to enjoy it for more years than I thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment