Sunday, October 13, 2013

Friday, October 11, 2013 day 31 of year 19

It's Friday!

Since the first day of school, the average temperature in my library was about 62 degrees.  After an hour or two it gets pretty chilly.  I've been wearing layers to combat the chill and today was no different.  It's been raining all week which made it feel even chillier.  I planned a new pair of jeans, button down shirt and sweater.  I was shocked when I walked into my library and it was about 80 degrees!  During the night the system had switched from air conditioning to heat and like the air, there's no way to control the temperature.  It was stuffy and I immediately knew I was overdressed.  Ugh.

My polkadot button down is from Lands End Canvas.  The white cable sweater is Chaps, a hand-me-down from my closet-cleaning co-worker.  The elephant scarf is from the Gap.  The jeans are Levi's curvy skinny 529.  I mention the details because as I've said before finding jeans can be a real chore.  This particular style has a high back waist band so when I bend over or sit, my underwear don't show.  That's important in my line of work.  They also have lycra so they don't lose their shape during the day.  They have a wide flattering waist band that prevents the dreaded muffin top.  I found them at Kohl's and will soon be going back to get another pair.  Despite being barefoot in this picture, I wore white canvas Converse sneakers with this outfit.  I was sweating my butt off but at least it was Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment